English Forum
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.
English Forum

Here you will discuss some topics seen in class, just as debate on some ideas

ÍndiceÍndice  Últimas imágenesÚltimas imágenes  BuscarBuscar  RegistrarseRegistrarse  Conectarse  

African – American civil rights (Group: 318)

+24
Laura Lozano
EduardoRG
AbbyGzz
jorgeea
Carlos Flores Rodríguez
Daniela Alejandra
valeriajissel
Debanhy Karina
Lizeth González Jonas♥
Valeria Obregón
Maura Rincón
Emperador Emmanuel
Brenda López
KevinVega
Diana Ibarra
Jesús Rafael
Ana Claudia Medellin
Alan Eduardo Ramirez Rico
LuciaMiranda
serch-(LitioLitio)
Carolina Armendariz
MeganSandoval
Joséangel
Miss Samantha
28 participantes
Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3  Siguiente
AutorMensaje
Valeria Obregón

African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 Empty
MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyVie Nov 07, 2014 3:14 am

Valeria Obregón Fuentes
Answering to: Sergio Alfonso García Mata

Well, is clearly that there is still racism in USA. It’s still a big issue. Racism has many ways to be expressed. Another example would be radical groups; you can notice it in KKK, which was a more obvious form of racism; and is one that also associated racism with harming other people. There are even people who don't outwardly appear to be racist, but they can be racist in their beliefs or attitudes. And finally, job opportunities (or lack there of) are a huge factor in discrimination. People are constantly be discriminated or passed over for jobs because of race, gender or ethnicity. It’s easy to see that American society is plagued with racist policies that disproportionately affect Americans of African, Latin and Middle Eastern descent. Racism is as a harmful action committed by privileged individuals acting upon personal prejudices. Americans’ ignorance of racist ideologies will make it even more difficult to find real solutions and finally end America’s racist tendencies.
Brenda López

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyVie Nov 07, 2014 4:01 am

Brenda Nelly López Hernández
Answering to: Valeria Obregón

I am agree with your opinion about the decreasing of the racism in the United States in comparison with years before, but it is still there and the differences, as you said, are many between white and black people, always beneficing with more opportunities to the white ones.
Lizeth González Jonas♥

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptySáb Nov 08, 2014 12:37 am

Mireya Lizeth González Espiricueta
Answering to: Ana Claudia Medellin Mata
I'm agree with you, I think that in the United States there are discrimination, only with few people, that their minds are still in the past. But I also think that the fact of the United States is governed by a black president, Barak Obama, means that some things have changed, that now is bettter than previous years. c:
Smile
Debanhy Karina

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyDom Nov 09, 2014 1:08 am

Debanhy Karina Marín Torres
In my opinion racism still exists to some extent in hearts of the people but officially there is no racism in USA in the sense that all kind of racial discrimination are prohibited by law. In general, there is is reduction in the prejudices people have about others based on their race or other similar social background. But these prejudices have not completely died down. A large proportion of US citizen still appear to have racial prejudices to different degrees.
Also in spite of the laws against racist behavior, people do continue to behave in racist way to some extent. Frequently such behaviour is unintentional and difficult to pin point. In other cases the the behavior is intentional but which cannot be detected and punished by law for various reasons. Also there are some indication of limited amount of clandestinely organized grossly anti-social racist activities in the USA.
I often hear the statement, "I'm not racist! My best friend is black!" In this statement, there is racism. Defining someone by his or her skin color is inherently racist for me. Cool Like a Star @ heaven
Debanhy Karina

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyDom Nov 09, 2014 1:22 am

Debanhy Karina Marín Torres
Answering to: Maura Lizbeth Rincón Reyes
I agree with you that discrimination has been decreased, it is not as high as in years before, thanks to the people who fought for equal rights for all the people, it is also true that it is mainly the prejudices which cause that the disciminación cannot be eliminated altogether in US. cheers
valeriajissel

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyLun Nov 10, 2014 1:49 am

Valeria Jissel Leal García
In my opinion I think that can exist racisms in USA, but is not compared with the racisms that the country had years ago, I think that the racism is decreasing with the time, because in these days USA is governed for a black man and he was re-elected for be the president again, of course the racism sometimes is really linked with the inequality, bullying, discrimination, etc. exits people that believe that the black people is not important that they are no necessary, that the white people is superior than the black, etc. I think that every time doesn’t matter the year is going to exist people that think in the form that I mentioned, but now the people is making conscience about that all the people, doesn’t matter is we have different color of skin, we are humans and we have rights, I hope that the racism don’t exist in USA and in others countries.
For me the government need to do something else for make that the racisms decrease more with the pass of the years.
Daniela Alejandra

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyLun Nov 10, 2014 2:14 am

Daniela Alejandra Escalera Rodríguez  Like a Star @ heaven  

While in the United States has a black President that does not prevent that racism continues with its greater brightness and this is mainly because most of the people who live in the United States to a continue transmitting to their children that discrimination against people of color. You know that approximately 65% students in the school are white and the remains are people of colour or of another nationality and that's because many of blacks prefer to leave schools because teachers do not treat them as others often treat them as if they were stupid or make them feel stupid when they don't know that they can learn or they may be smarter than whites and that can do it with its President that the came to the Presidency being a humble person who started from below, that Studio lot, which struggled to cope with fellowships at Harvard and a regret that during that time were two other candidates that had much time in politics still won.

In United States discrimination is still alive, perhaps not as much as at the beginning, but still there are people who discriminate and that makes it feel better with themselves or often because they may even have them envy because they are better than them, but can also be seen that the promise of equality if you have fulfilled in some cases but if there is more equality than before and an example is clear in football than the players are 50 white and the other fifty percent of color and however live and get along very well, when you can see them you can know that exist the equality if it can exist and many times that equality would make the world much better than if continuous the same discriminatory way. Very Happy Smile Razz cheers Wink
Daniela Alejandra

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyLun Nov 10, 2014 2:23 am

Daniela Alejandra Escalera Rodriguez
Answering to: Sergio Alfonso Garcia

I agree with you that it is true that if there is racism is due to that that there are small groups of people that still only transmit it for wanting to feel better than others. Also I agree with you about if the promise of equality was met already if you see that equality exists perhaps not much but something with respect to people of color because there are famous people who is color or even the President himself.
Carlos Flores Rodríguez

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyLun Nov 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Carlos Flores Rodríguez

In my opinion in US is still present. However, racism has reduced comparing on how it was en 1960. We know that in USA there are US Commission on Civil Rights but the problems seems not to solve because Black Americans continue accuse the Nation’s ethnic majority of white racism. The harmful effects of racism upon American society are immense. These effects are especially injurious to members of certain minority groups. For example Millions of Mexican Americans, African Americans, Indians and other minority groups in our society suffer from severe deprivation and injustice.
jorgeea

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyLun Nov 10, 2014 11:31 pm

Jorge Arturo Pérez Pérez
I think that racism could be considered a psychological disorder since you have a problem or a mental disorder to feel good at the time of hurt, or make a person feel less just because it is different to you physically as for example skin color (this is the biggest reason why is given), another reason might be for their beliefs and origins, but regardless of the reason this is an action that is harmful to society and its individuals, and put us to think if all were equal the world would be a very boring place or not?
We need to learn to respect the differences that we can find in people because those differences are what make us unique and irreplaceable

Jorge Arturo Pérez Pérez
Answering to:Kevin Francisco Vega Rodriguez
Answer: I think like you, racism is a problem that would be very difficult to remove and sometimes even in the more minimum daily actions make racism without realizing how much Crying or Very sad , but I hope that society think and search be better eliminated this system of labelling people forever.
AbbyGzz

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyMiér Nov 12, 2014 1:09 am

Andrea Abigail González García

Yes, I believe that there is still racism in the US. It has not been completely erradicated, but at least has decreased enough than before, in the sexties. The nation of the United States has been the top on receiving migrants to its cities; there are mexicans, japanese, french, german, latinoamericans and all kind of nationalities, but there’s a race which came America centuries ago, black people. Black people came in the beggining of the XVII century and since those days, they have been subjugated for other people, mostly white people, and that wasn't not fair to them. I read a book written by a rescuer girl of slaves that lived in the south of United States. She (Harriet Beecher Stowe) narrated the story about how does Uncle Tom was sold to a cruel owner, how does he died, and many other things that moved many americans heart at that time. She rescued her own family and had very good principles. Many years later, there still were laws against the rights of afroamerican people. Black people are humans, the skin color is something about melanin, something we don’t choose to have and that does not make us less nor more than others. Also, the Constitution of the US says “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness” So, since 1776 was instituted that all people are created equal; black, whites, latins, and all people. They all have the same rights, so why there’s still racism? Because they are always arrogant and prideful people, and maybe there will always be, so it has not been fulfilled now the promise of equality.
There’s nothing that can make you less than other one, we’re created equal and we all have the same rights. Smile Wink
AbbyGzz

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyMiér Nov 12, 2014 1:28 am

Andrea Abigail González García
Answering to: Sergio Alfonso García Mata Very Happy
I think that there’s still discrimination, but also racism in the USA. We don’t live in the US, but I´ve seen news of it in internet recently. There’s everywhere discrimination, for any physical feature. I think there’s too much less racism than in the sexties, because their president (and very famous and talented) is black, and since centuries there has been the constitution which says they are created equal and have the same rights. But, I consider that there’re always people out of pride and selfishness that believe that they’re less than them, which is not true. The people that has less dignitiy are those who feel more than others.
Joséangel

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyMiér Nov 12, 2014 2:09 am

José Ángel de Jesús Contreras Rentería
Answering to: Carlos Flores Rodríguez
I agree with you when you say that nowadays racism still exist, but not as remarked as few years ago. Racism in the United States still exists, but in a reduced form, maybe that is one of the causes which some people say that there is not racism nowadays, but it exists, just few people are racist and discriminate to other people just because of their skin color.
bounce
lol!
Basketball

Everyone is human, therefore, we have the same rights and opportunities, not judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
EduardoRG

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyJue Nov 13, 2014 2:29 am

Complete Name: Eduardo Reséndez Guajardo
Answering to: Ana Claudia Medellin Mota

I am agree with your opinion, I think that racism exists in form of discrimination, such as in the cases you already mentioned. I also agree with you that we have to start to solve the problem now, to change the white people´s thoughts about colored people. We should trate the others like we would like to be treated. What a Face
Laura Lozano

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyJue Nov 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Laura Carolina Lozano Galván

I think that there is still racism present in USA. Many people think that the color of the skin make some differences between humans. And this is just a completely wrong idea, the skin color don´t differentiate humans, every human being in the world is equal and should have the same rights and be treated equal. Not because someone has white skin means that is smarter than someone that has black skin, skin color is not important on how a human being is. However, USA citizens do not understand this completely. USA has been advancing on this issue, but there is still too much to do to eliminate racism in the country.

Racism is just discrimination to the ones that are different to us. Discrimination cannot and should not be allowed in any part of the world, because discrimination is only a way to hurt people and to make them feel less than others. I consider that racism is just a way to demostrate the own superior of a race, when different races are just equal. What make us different is our values and our own thinking, not on how we look physically.
Laura Lozano

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyJue Nov 13, 2014 11:15 pm

Laura Carolina Lozano Galván
Answering to: Andrea Abigail González García

I agree with you, humans are equal no matter the difference of the color of the skin. And it is just stressful that the Declaration of Liberty as well as the Constitution remark that all men are equal, when people do not follow this rule, and just still continue doing this racial discrimination. I hope, one day people will know that humans are equal no matter how different they look in the outside, because the most important thing of everybody is how they think and act.
Carolina Armendariz

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyVie Nov 14, 2014 3:34 am

Carolina Armendariz Ovalle.  Very Happy
Answering to: Alan Eduardo Ramirez Rico

I think that for making a change, all of people must think that we are equal, they must think that the other person has the same rights than him even with a different skin color, as you said, but it is difficult to have that kind of equality because we will always have a person who thinks that is better, that he is the most important.
We need time to do that, at this year we know that we must be equal, it is a change, at least we know that discrimination should not exist, we know that we are the same, we have physical differences but we are humans that feel, we know that the other person is suffering and we can do something to stop it, we must do something to stop it. Smile
Luis Humberto

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyVie Nov 14, 2014 5:04 am

Luis Humberto Alvarado Aguilar

Racism is still in effect in today's society. People can be discriminated based off of their religion, physical appearance, sex, personality, etc. I believe that racism still exists in the U.S. because we have always had racism and no matter what you do, we will always have racism.  US has an African American president, but that doesn't mean that many people didn't get very upset about it. We need to fix the racism.cheers
The promise of equality is not fulfilled because the racism is present. If the promise was fulfilled, the racism doesn't exist. So, I think that the promise will take time to be fulfilled. It will not be easy but we can supporting to fulfill the promise. Very Happy lol!
Luis Humberto

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyVie Nov 14, 2014 5:27 am

Luis Humberto Alvarado Aguilar
Answering to: Lucia Miranda Leal

I agree with you, the main reason of racism is the skin color. People may think that is different just because he/she has different way to think or different religions. It should not be that way. We all are equal. What a Face Cool
Carlos Flores Rodríguez

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptyVie Nov 14, 2014 11:58 pm

Complete Name: Carlos Flores Rodríguez
Answering to: José Ángel de Jesús Contreras Rentería

As far as I’m concerned racism in US is a really serious problem in the society in order to create feelings of superiority in comparison to nonwhites. These feelings are extremely widespread among whites and I agree with you when you mentioned that racism there is still exist, but I recognize some strategies for combating racism that can be summarized as follows:

Make all Americans for more conscious of the widespread existence of racism in all its forms.
Build up the capabilities if minority group members, and greatly strengthen their opportunities and power to exercise those capabilities especially regarding public and private activities that directly affect them.
"The earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it"
Jafet Angulo

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptySáb Nov 15, 2014 4:36 am

Late but not least, I think that racism still exists but to a lesser extent, I feel that after the promise that was made in this country, decreased since, currently, there are laws in the United States that protects everyone and anyone of any color, black or white we are equal and all have the same rights to live a life in peace. Examples are could show discrimination is in movies shown to people of color as a danger already they have firearms or just hit you and this makes life real think that, but it is quite the opposite, sometimes white people is more dangerous than people of color.
Something amazing that happened in the United States is that a person of color is President, this was all news on the world as a person of color could get an important position in a country so powerful, all this was thanks to the United States if fulfilled promise to defend people color since we are all equal doesn't matter whether we are rich or poor, fat or skinny, black or white, we are all equally important. afro Razz Very Happy
Lizette Lizarraga

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptySáb Nov 15, 2014 4:59 am

I think that the racism still exist but less stronger than before,i mean the people have been fighting for equality for many years, and those people which fighted for equality made posible for black people to have a better life . All the peoples must be treated as equal no matter the tone of your skin o how much money do you have, of your sexual preferences,you have to be treated as a human,a human who have feels and reason. I wish the promise of equality, one day will start to act in the society and change it in a good way.

Equality for everyone!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers
Jafet Angulo

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptySáb Nov 15, 2014 5:06 am

Ricardo Jafet Díaz Angulo
Answering to: Alan Eduardo Ramirez Rico
I agree with you that still today there are people who discriminate against people of color, and the acceptance of its President was very difficult, also I agree that equality is difficult to obtain but not impossible, I feel in my point of view this will be to end at some point in the not-too-distant future. Wink
Lizette Lizarraga

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptySáb Nov 15, 2014 5:14 am

Jafet Angulo escribió:
Late but not least, I think that racism still exists but to a lesser extent, I feel that after the promise that was made in this country, decreased since, currently, there are laws in the United States that protects everyone and anyone of any color, black or white we are equal and all have the same rights to live a life in peace. Examples are could show discrimination is in movies shown to people of color as a danger already they have firearms or just hit you and this makes life real think that, but it is quite the opposite, sometimes white people is more dangerous than people of color.
Something amazing that happened in the United States is that a person of color is President, this was all news on the world as a person of color could get an important position in a country so powerful, all this was thanks to the United States if fulfilled promise to defend people color since we are all equal doesn't matter whether we are rich or poor, fat or skinny, black or white, we are all equally important. afro Razz Very Happy
Lizette Lizarraga

MensajeTema: Equality for everyone!   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 EmptySáb Nov 15, 2014 5:17 am

Yes, i think is time to put an end to racism, pass to the next level of life, where materials, religion or your skin tone does not matter but what you have inside you, your heart, your soul, your willingness to live as a human being with equality and respect.
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: African – American civil rights (Group: 318)   African – American civil rights (Group: 318) - Página 2 Empty

African – American civil rights (Group: 318)
Página 2 de 3.Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3  Siguiente